Chinese Visas Advice

China Immigration Advice

If you are considering visiting or moving to China you will need to secure a Chinese visa from the Chinese Immigration Authorities.  This can often present a challenge, the websites that discuss Chinese immigration issues are often confusing. 

Help You Secure Your Chinese Visa - For Free

If you want to secure your visa but not sure how Global Visas is here to help you.  You don't need to muddle through the visa process alone looking for information online which you hoped would be relevant to your circumstances and often confusing.  Best of all our services are completely free.

If you are interested in any of the visas listed below or just not sure which one is for you and have a question we can help.

Post Your Question

We moderate every answer which means you can trust the response.  The reply can come from a trusted migration expert, one of our team or a fellow member of our community.

For even better results join our forum and create a topic about your case and create an entire case for people to help you every step of the way.

Chinese Tourist Visas

In China, immigration for the purpose of tourism is possible under two types of tourist or visit visas, for either single entry, or double entry.

The maximum duration of tourist visas for China is a period of three months.

In all cases, candidates must travel to China within three months of being granted entry clearance.

Chinese Business Visas

Applying for a Chinese business visa offers a single entry option similar to that provided in tourist visa applications, but also affords a multiple entry variant valid for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years.

However, eligibility for these permits is based upon prior visits to China; a first-time applicant will be permitted a maximum of a double-entry permit. A second-time applicant may receive a 6 months multiple entry permit, a third-time applicant can get a 1-year permit, and the 2-year permit is available only to 4th-time applicants and beyond.

In China, visas are given letter designations, with tourist visas being referred to as Chinese L visas and business visas as the Chinese F visa category. In addition to the types already covered, Chinese immigration also issues the following types of permit.

Chinese X visa

This category is essentially a Chinese study visa, issued to those who wish train or study in China for a period of six months or more. A letter of acceptance must be provided from a Chinese educational institution.

Chinese Z visa

These are designed for those immigrating to China for an extended period of time in order to undertake a position of employment.

Spouse immigration and dependent immigration are also provided for the family of candidates relocating to China through this route.

Applications must include a letter of invitation from the host company or Government department.

Chinese G Visa

In China, visa applications can be made for this category when a candidate will be entering Chinese territory for a very brief period en route to another destination.

This category is effectively an airport transit visa. Candidates must be able to demonstrate valid entry clearance for their ultimate destination.

Chinese C visa

This category is specifically designed for the crew members of international aviation, land transportation or navigation missions.

Chinese D visa

These permits are intended for permanent residency. Applied for within China, this extended grant of leave is given to those who intend to live and work in China on a long-term or permanent basis.

Chinese J Visa

These are issued to journalists and are subdivided into two categories, the J1 and J2.

The former is intended for long-term correspondents whereas the latter is for conducting reports in China for a short period

How can we help you secure your visa?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *