Australia Immigration

Australian Immigration Advice

 Australian immigration offers a wealth of exciting opportunities for people seeking a new challenge and a fresh start in life. Immigration to Australia is a consistently popular ambition in Britain with one in three UK nationals expressing a wish to visit or live and work in Australia.

We have completed a comprehensive guide for emigration Australia. We have used our expertise to find the best tools available online and provide links to all our favourite guides and tools to help you secure your visa fast.

Completely Free Immigration Advice

Since 1996 we have provided completely free expertise, to people who wish to emigrate to Australia. Post your questions for an expert to take the time to provide a response to meet your needs, so you can secure your visa as quickly and easily as possible.

We aim to make sure all our answers are fast, jargon-free and specific to your Immigration needs. Click on "Ask A Question" below and post your questions for fast, free advice.

Ask An Immigration Question

The Australian immigration service places strict controls upon how many people may enter the country each year and pays close attention to the professional skills, qualifications and work experience of those people allowed to immigrate to Australia. In Australian immigration visa applications can be a challenging process and in the near future, the system will become even more demanding.

If you are not ready to ask us your questions and would prefer to check out the official Australian immigration website you can find it here.

Once you have had a look you might think of something to ask that will help you on your way. We would be delighted to help.

Skills Assessments

Some of the most common questions we receive are based on a skills assessment and whether a person has the skills required. We have listed all skills in demand on a page dedicated to skilled visas. Once you have seen your skills are in demand the next part is proving you meet the Australian Immigration standards. Depending on your area of expertise you will have to present yourself to one of 25 skills assessing authorities in Australia for approval prior to securing your visa. In some cases, you may have a choice of assessing bodies and often one is easier to work with than another. Ask us if you would know which route is best for you.

Jobs And What You Can Expect To Earn

These are understandably important questions for many and we can discuss our view using anecdotal evidence, however, we feel this question requires more detailed information from the authorities on the subject so firstly we have select the best site available to assess your likelihood of employment and potential earning capacity using the Australian government official data In Job outlook in Australia.

The second resource we have selected often helps our members and clients understand what standard of living they can expect in Australia. The United nations produce a league table for countries standards of living. Currently, Australia is second in the world for standards of living, what the report shows very clearly is where your current country sits on the list and how much of an improvement you can expect when you emigrate to Australia.


Another popular reason for emigration as parents of people who have emigrated before. This route is changing in July 2017 and will be easier to secure a visa for the money required to qualify initially will reduce but there will be a greater financial responsibility placed on your Australian sponsoring child post arrival to protect the public purse.

Parent visas are a great way to enter Australia and becoming more popular. it is important to note only those with 50% of their children or more can use this route into Australia.


The requirement for these visas is misrepresented in our opinion on many sites including the governments and understate the funds and assets required to benefit from the 405 retirement investor option. We calculate a person needs over $1.5 million to really make use of this visa. That explains why there have only been a few hundred of these visas approved since they began.

Employer Sponsorship

We are certainly not in favour of these visas as they are only temporary, owned by the employer, so if the job finishes they can cancel your visa. You do not have access to medicare, may need to pay 15% additional stamp duty if you were to buy a home and even have to make a contribution to the state to educate your children. If you do want to secure a 457 Visa we can guide you on how to avoid many of the pitfalls.

Spouse Visas

These should be straightforward or at least more straightforward than they are. They are the most expensive visas to process and take the longest time. Often an Immigration Officer will require more and more evidence from a couple to provide the relationship or financial ability to support themselves in Australia. Spouse Visas place a great deal of discretion with the immigration officer who must decide on the case. That is why how these cases are present is so important as no two couples are the same and yet the cases are all judged by one set of criteria. We can offer great tips on preparing your case.

As mentioned previously there are many ways into Australia and we have only touched on a few. Let us help you secure your visa from any on the list below.

The Complete List Of Australian Visas We Can Assist you With:

Visitor visas

Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
eVisitor (subclass 651)
Transit visa (subclass 771)
Visitor (subclass 600)
Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)

Working and skilled visas

Business Innovation and Investment (permanent) visa (subclass 888)
Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188)
Business Owner (subclass 890)
Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124)
Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
Investor Retirement (subclass 405)
Investor visa (subclass 891)
Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Skilled Recognition Graduate visa (subclass 476)
Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489)
Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
Special Program visa (subclass 416)
Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
State or Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
Superyacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)
Temporary Work (long stay) visa (subclass 401)
Temporary Work (short stay) visa (subclass 400)
Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
Training and Research visa (subclass 402)
Studying visas
Student visa (subclass 500)
Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
Family and spousal visas
Adoption visa (subclass 102)
Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)
Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838)
Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
Carer visa (subclass 836)
Carer visa (subclass 116)
Child visa (subclass 101)
Child visa (subclass 802)
Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)
Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)
Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (temporary) visa (subclass 461)
Orphan Relative (subclass 117)
Orphan Relative (subclass 837)
Parent visa (subclass 103)
Partner (Provisional and Migrant) visa (subclass 309 100)
Partner visa (subclass 801 820)
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115)
Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835)
Refugee and humanitarian visas
Global Special Humanitarian (subclass 202)
In country Special Humanitarian (subclass 201)
Protection visa (subclass 866)
Refugee visa (subclass 200)
Women at Risk visa (subclass 204)
Emergency rescue visa (subclass 203)

Other visas

Bridging visa A –BVA- (subclass 010)
Bridging visa B – BVB – (subclass 020)
Bridging visa C – BVC – (subclass 030)
Bridging visa D – BVD – (subclass 040 and 041)
Bridging visa E – BVE – (subclass 050 and 051)
Crew Travel Authority visa (subclass 942)
Former Resident visa (subclass 151)
Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988)
Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602)
Resident Return visa (subclass 155 157)
Special Category visa (subclass 444)
Special Purpose visa



  1. Usman Saleem

    Graduate Employment Visas

    I recently completed my graduation and now I want to immigrate to Australia. Is there any way or a couple of ways that will help me?

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author


      You have provided extremely limited information about your situation. That said there would be a couple of options especially if you graduated in engineering or area in high demand. You could alternately look to finish your post grad studies in Australia. As a rule of thumb to secure a work visa, your skills will need to be on the shortage occupation list and for you to have 3 years experience.

      I hope this is a starting point for you. Join our forum and keep in touch.

  2. james Akinsowon


    Good day, I would like to get information on studying in Australia as I wish to further my Master’s education and also work while in Australia studying. What kind of visa will need to secure?

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author


      You will need to be accepted into a course that will further your education in Australia at a recognised college or university. Once you have been accepted you may apply for a student visa. While you are a student you will be able to work 40 hours per fortnight during term time and full time in the holidays as a minimum. Students studying for a PhD or Master’s are able to work longer hours which is on campus quite often.

      To help you with settling into Australia it is important you build up a good network of friends and have access to some great advice so I found this link for newcomers

      I hope you enjoy Australia and pass with top marks.

  3. Juliana

    Enter The Australia To Attend A Wedding

    My daughter wants to invite her father to her wedding this march 25,2017 who is working for 17yrs in California. He has labour certified but no i-140. Can we invite him directly from the USA or does he needs to go back to his own country, Now to apply for a visa to come to the wedding?

    how much will it cost if you will process the papers for a visitor visa?
    He never saw the daughter for 17yrs but we communicate through phone and sending money regularly until now.

    could you please advise me what to do because it’s only two months until March.
    hope you can reply me as soon as possible.

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author


      I really hope I can help and I hope my response on a Sunday in just three hours shows I am committed to your daughters big day and helping her Dad be there for the wedding. In fact, cases like this are the exact reason I love my job and also get frustrated with the immigration laws that keep us apart from our families.

      Let us look at what you have posted, my services are free. The government visa could also be free or $135 depending on two things you did not mention. Which country her father is from and where the wedding is, so I made an educated guess based on a couple of items you posted.

      I am guessing you are in Australia due to your email address ending “.au” but, I could be wrong, please let me know if it is somewhere else.

      Assuming the wedding is in Australia then let us look at visa options. The timeframe to secure a visa can take several weeks and evidence must be provided. I suggest when he files his application he can provide the follow:

      – His passport.
      – Certifies copy or his daughter’s passport and a full unabridged birth certificate showing he is the father.
      – Official confirmation of the upcoming wedding from a legal source and religious (if applicable) originals or certified copies to support the visa.
      – Evidence of leave booked from his job and confirmation he will be returning.
      – US Labor Card
      – Any bills he may have showing he is settled in the US and has a family there or reasons to return after the wedding.
      – Bank statements to show funds for the trip and wage slips.
      – Along with photos and other items requested

      You will find much of this is not a mandatory requirement to secure the visa however, it will help the immigration officer understand the urgency and legitimacy of the case and reason to travel while allaying the officer’s fears he may overstay by showing he has every reason to return to the USA.

      As I do not know where he is from my first step would be to file in the USA but on Monday morning he should confirm directly with the Australian immigration office if they would accept his visa application from there.

      The immigration department operates a telephone contact centre accessible from
      anywhere in North America (Canada, USA, and Mexico) and most of the
      Caribbean. The information officers will answer his questions about the visa application process. The service is available in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish and their number is: (613) 238-1040 ( link to their site )

      Let me know if you would like more help and together we will ensure your Daughter has her Dad by her side when it matters.

      If the wedding is not in Australia, the documents listed will still be important to the case and so start preparing them now. I will help you with any other country if required.

      Please join our community and upload some photos of the wedding and the bride and her Dad together on your profile page and ping me to be your friend as that would make my day, I love weddings and knowing I made a little contribution.

  4. Nicolas

    My employer will sponsor me for a 186 ENS direct entry PR visa. I have a few questions about that:
    1) How long will I have to continue working for my employer from an immigration perspective? What happens if i am made redundant or if I quit to change job
    2) Can my employer legally ask me to pay for all visa related costs?
    3) How long does processing usually last once the application has been lodged? What happens if I am made redundant before the visa is granted (in case the process is very long)?

    Thank you so much for your help!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *