Australian work visas
Are one of the most sought after visas in the world. The current Australian Government stated they wanted to be tougher in immigration. This means the skills shortage list for Australia will no doubt be very short indeed!
That said Australian employers we know still have a demand for overseas skilled workers and are prepared to secure the necessary work visa to sponsor their employees live in Australia.
Below is a guide to different work visas. We can assist you to decide on the correct path forward our aim is to help you locate and secure the best visa available. We hope you enjoy reading, learning and planning your the next exciting step in your life.
Emigration to Australia can be much easier than you would think with a little help.
Skilled Australia Work Visas
The 189 Skilled Independent Australia work Visas
To qualify you must secure 60 points or more. Points are awarded due to age, skills, years of experience, qualifications and other factors. The 189 visa allows you to move to Australia permanently, if you have the skills and qualifications in an occupation on the skills shortlist. You will also need to have good English skills. As a UK national you are deemed as having a moderate level of English but you can secure more points by sitting an IELTS test.
- You are scored on points relevant to the Australian labour market and do NOT require a sponsor for the work permit.
- This work permit includes you partner and children.
Sponsored Australia work visas
489 Skilled Sponsored Australian work visas are for workers who are in the industries listed on the Skilled Occupation List, on which you are scored based on the Australian labour market.
- You must be sponsored by a relative living in Australia or obtain nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency.
- This work visa can include your partner and family to live with you as permanent residents in Australia.
These visas are limited in number and often hard to secure an many states will require a number of items difficult to provide while living offshore.
190 State Sponsored Skilled Australia Working Visas
This Australian working visa is for people unable to meet the requirements for a 189 Skilled Independent visa and uses a points based like the 189 visa but awards additional points for accepting an invitation for state sponsorship based on the local Labour Market.
- It’s granted for two years allowing the holder the opportunity to apply for permanent residency after two years residence in the state as long as the holder has worked at least 24 months in the Specified Area of Australia.
- For this Australian work visa you must be nominated by a participating State or Territory government agency in a designated area of Australia.
Graduate Australia work visas
Just like other specific Australia work visas, this is for recent graduates of certain overseas universities to work for up to 18 months to receive work experience in jobs which are in demand in Australia. This visa is NOT marked on points.
- Holders of this visa can apply for permanent residence at any time if they meet the pass mark on the General Skilled Migration points test.
- This work permit is for students who have completed an Engineering degree at Camborne School of Mines, Imperial College London, University of Birmingham, University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of Nottingham, University of Portsmouth, and University of Southampton.
These visas are certainly not straight forward and unless you are in a desperate rush to emigrate we would suggest you gain some UK work experience to be more attractive to employers once you do emigrate.
Temporary and provisional Australia work visas
- For eligible overseas students and holders of certain temporary visas who meet the lower pass mark for this visa.
- This visa is provisional for three years.
- Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area of Australia or nominated by a participating state/territory government. After living for two (2) years and working for at least one (1) year in a Specified Regional Area, applicants can apply for a permanent visa.
- 18 month temporary Australia work visa
- For overseas students with an Australian qualification obtained in Australia after at least two (2) years study.
- Allows applicants who are unable to pass the points test to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain the skills and experience needed to apply for a permanent or provisional General Skilled Migration visa. No points test applies.
Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457)
- This Australian work visa is for employers filling nominated skilled positions by employing overseas workers for a period of between three months and four years.
(Temporary) Medical Practitioner Visas (subclass 422)
- This Australia work permit is an alternative route for doctors who should normally apply for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa (subclass 457).
- The visa is valid for between three months and four years.
Australia Working holiday visas
The Australian Working Holiday Visa offers young people, between the ages of 18 and 31, the opportunity to work, travel and explore Australia for up to two years if they spend 90 days working on a farm in the first year.
If you would like to know more post your question here. We will reply quickly.