Australian Contributory Parent Advice
As indicated by its title, migration to Australia under the Contributory Parent visa category is for applicants who (or whose spouse or partner) meet the balance of family test, i.e. have an equal or greater number of children living in Australia than in their home country and can meet the relationship and sponsorship requirements.
The visa can be either a temporary or a permanent one. This can be discussed with a Global Visas for more information.
There are no age restrictions on this category.
The applicant and their spouse must meet the balance of family test, i.e. have an equal or greater number of children living in Australia than in their home country or any other country.
A financial contribution must be paid which can prohibitive from each parent and dependents.
A 10 year refundable bond is to be paid of A$10,000 for the main applicant and an additional payment for the secondary parent visa applicant, i.e. spouse.
The applicant must:
- Be sponsored by a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen ('settled' is generally taken to mean having lived in Australia for at least two years). T
- Must be related (or their spouse must be related) to a sponsor as a parent.
Assurance of Support
To be eligible for migration to Australia under this visa category, the applicant must have a sponsor.
A sponsor must meet several requirements:
- They must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, but do not need to be a relative of the visa applicant;
- They must also meet certain financial criteria.
A Global Visas expert will be able to provide a complete overview of the sponsorship and assurance requirements specific to your case, just ask us.
Health & Character
Australia has strict health and character requirements that must be met before any permanent Australian visa of more than 12 months will be granted. People attempting migration to Australia under this category will be required to:
- Undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and;
- Obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 12 months in the 10 years leading up to the application.
The current processing time is generally up to 18 months from the applications date of submission. However, this is subject to the yearly quota and various factors.
If you would like to know more post your question here. We will reply quickly.