You want to enter the EU you may need a Schengen visa which allows free movement across the EU states who have signed up to the Schengen visa agreement.  That said not every state has the same entry requirements and you can only apply to the country you are entering to secure your visa.  This alone causes it's own unique set of challenges, especially if you are entering one country but planning to stay in another.

Helping You Secure Your Schengen  Visa - For Free

If you want to secure your visa but not sure how Global Visas is here to help you.  You don't need to muddle through the visa process alone looking for information online which you hoped would be relevant to your circumstances and often confusing.  Best of all our services are completely free.

If you are interested in any of the visas listed below or just not sure which one is for you and have a question we can help.

Post Your Question

We moderate every answer which means you can trust the response.  The reply can come from a trusted migration expert, one of our team or a fellow member of our community.

For even better results join our forum and create a topic about your case and create an entire case for people to help you every step of the way.

There are several countries who have signed up to the Schengen Visa agreement as shown below.  Here we have listed all Countries:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Liechtenstein

Ask Your Questions Now And Let Us Help You Secure Your Visa?


  1. Scott R.


    Hey I’m looking to move to France for a job I was offered there. What kind of Visa should I apply for what do I need to do in order to get it

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author


      Well done on securing a job in France. I have a few questions to help me provide more focused advice. What type of job is it and what qualifications do you have to do the role. has the post been advertised or is this a job offer from a friend?
      What is the size of the company you will be working for.

      From there we can look at options. I assume they will not be asking you for money for this job.

  2. Jake Krige


    I am a South African passport holder, a UK resident with indefinite leave to remain, married to a British citizen, but not yet eligible for U.K. citizenship.

    My wife intends to purchase a sailing yacht (16m LOA, <€500,000 in value), and appoint me as skipper of the vessel, for the benefit of a yacht charter company, that is yet to be incorporated. We will run our charter operations in Spanish waters for more than 90 in every 180 days, but less than 183 days of every year, as we will operate in the Caribbean sea during the winter.

    Based on this situation, am I eligible for a Category D Schengen Visa for seafarers? If not, is there any other work permit that would allow me to work on her company's boat without interference from Spanish Customs and Immigration?

    Would the vessel's flag country and/or the charter company's place of incorporation (either Malta or UK, specifically) have any impact on my visa application?

    Your attention is greatly appreciated.

    Yours sincerely

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author

      EU Marriage Visas

      There are various visa options available to you currently. Based on your marriage I would ask you to look at an EU marriage visa as you are married to an EU national. On this basis, as you will be residing in another EU country you no longer are restricted by UK Immigration domestic laws but fall under EU immigration rules while in Spain as opposed the Spanish domestic immigration law. I have found a link to the EU official immigration guidance note, please take the time to review and let me know your thoughts.

      This would easily and quickly allow you to secure a five-year visa, therefore, providing a greater deal of freedom of movement and not limited to a specific number of days you can remain in Spain. For this to work your wife would need to establish herself in Spain with you, this does not mean she needs to surrender her UK home.

  3. andrew mchenry

    Student Visa For France

    I am looking into studying abroad in France next year and need a Visa in order to do so. However, am I able to get a Visa that will also enable me to work while I am abroad?

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author


      All international students in France have the right to work, while on a student visa.

      You will be allowed to work while a student in France. To be eligible you will need to be enrolled in a college or University that participates in France’s national student health-care plan. (You will be required to hold a resident permit as a non-EU national). The right to work applies to all students, who are enrolled in a university, or as a full-time student in a language school.

      French law allows you to work for 964 hours per year, which is equal to 60% of full-time employment. Even though you can work during your studies, you will need to evidence you have enough funds to support yourself in France without the need to work, therefore, you must have an independent means of support. This is a critical point!

      You are no longer required to obtain a temporary employment authorization (APT, for “Autorisation Provisoire de Travail”) in order to work part-time during your studies, except in the case of Algerian students covered by the Franco-Algerian agreement of December 27, 1968. You may like to refer to the French official international students site here.

      International students can also take jobs in universities and other public institutions of higher education.

  4. Adel BrahimI

    Applying For A Fench Visa

    I’ve got a problem in France. Previously I did not have a visa for France and was illegal in France and immigration detained me for 15 days in 2009 and they try to send me back home. Now I’m legal, I was granted my papers. So, now I would like to apply for a visa. I want to ask if I can apply for a French visa without any problems?

    1. Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
      Your Immigration Expert Post author

      Securing Your French Visa

      You should have no further problem with your French visa. The authorities now know about you and have accepted your case to remain in France. I would suggest you work with a local immigration expert to guide you and ensure you remain compliant with all local laws going forward, so you do not create any further issues.

  5. P Newman

    I am a British citizen and my girlfriend is from the Philippines. I want to fly her to Crete in the Greek Islands for a holiday and then travel onto Belgium to visit her sister. We are not married at present. Can you advise please as I have been reading that a Schengen visa may be suitable. If so I assume this will be based on the requirements of Greece and then the Belgium rules may be different.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *