43 topics and 61 replies Last updated by  Vikki 3 days, 6 hours ago
Viewing 40 topics - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
Viewing 40 topics - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
Create New Topic in “The UK”
Your information:


  1. Mohammed khan


    My son intends to marry from Pakistan next year
    He is 25 she is 22
    What are the legal requirements to fulfill

    1. Your Immigration Expert


      Congratulations to your son, we can certainly assist him or his wife secure a visa with our advice. A few things to get started would be to ensure they have sufficient funds to emigrate to the UK as this is a major concern of UK immigration in these cases. That said as long as the marriage is legally recognised and not just a religious ceremony then they will be fine.

      you may find this link helpful https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/entry-clearance-basics-entry-clearance-guidance

      I used to be a UK Immigration officer and would be happy to discuss this with you further. To do so please join our community and open a topic in our forum so others can read and learn from your questions and my replies and let’s secure your son’s marriage visa for the UK.

  2. Bhavana


    If I got a job in the UK as an RN nurse can I bring my family? I have 1yr kid and my husband. Which exam should he pass as my dependent?

    1. Your Immigration Expert


      There are a number of questions raised by your comment. Firstly, securing a job in the UK can be harder than you might think. If you do secure an employer willing and able to offer a tier 2 visa your family will be able to join you and your employer should be able to explain everything to you.

  3. Abigail Arendse


    I am English Citizen living in China with my husband. We have recently found out I am pregnant and I would like to return to the UK to start our family. Because I will be having the baby I won’t be able to sponsor him immediately and we don’t want to be separated during time! I wanted to know if we could apply for a 1 or 2-year tourist visa, we could have the baby, after 6 months I would go back to work and he could stay at home and look after the baby full time. Once I can prove my earnings he can return to South Africa and apply for the spouse visas? We will have savings to support us during this time.

    1. Your Immigration Expert


      With UK Marriage visas there is a need for the UK national to have a job offer in the UK which pays over £18,600 p.a and have a proven track record of employment while overseas or savings of £62,500. As you will not be able to secure employment in the UK due to your pregnancy there maybe a way you could still secure a marriage visa as there are exceptions to this rule. I have shown an extract of the rules below:

      Section EX: Exceptions to certain eligibility requirements for leave to remain as a partner or parent

      EX.1. This paragraph applies if

      (i) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who-
      (aa) is under the age of 18 years, or was under the age of 18 years when the applicant was first granted leave on the basis that this paragraph applied;
      (bb) is in the UK;
      (cc) is a British Citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years immediately preceding the date of application; and
      (ii) it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or
      (b) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner who is in the UK and is a British Citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, and there are insurmountable obstacles to family life with that partner continuing outside the UK.

      EX.2. For the purposes of paragraph EX.1.(b) “insurmountable obstacles” means the very significant difficulties which would be faced by the applicant or their partner in continuing their family life together outside the UK and which could not be overcome or would entail very serious hardship for the applicant or their partner.


      I would suggest you could argue your case and request your husband be allowed to join you. Especially if you can show a record of prior employment.

      On the question of your husband entering the UK as a visitor, this is certainly an option for up to six months. However, an entry clearance officer may decide that your husband’s intention after entry is to overstay his visa. If they refuse the visa then you should make a marriage visa application and explain exceptional circumstances. If the marriage visa is granted it will be for 10 years before permanent residency will be granted. During this time your husband can live and work in the UK.

  4. Ron stewart


    I’m just a hard working American who has been saving up to emigrate to Scotland but I don’t know how I go about it, I get a lot of info on online sites but there always mix. Is there a simple way to move there and just work to being a citizen.

    1. Your Immigration Expert


      Right now the UK is going through a period of increasing restrictions on immigration and this includes Scotland. Previously there were a few more immigration choices from the Scottish fresh talent schemes to a Tier 1 Visas with realistic qualifying criteria. These were the most popular routes into Scotland previously.

      In the future, there are discussions currently on establishing regional immigration programmes which would allow Scotland to set its own regional immigration policies within the overall framework of UK immigration control. This would, if it came in may reduce the requirements to emigrate to Scotland. We can assume for now however, there is little opportunity to secure a visa unless one of the following applies.

      You have a partner who is an EU citizen or UK resident. You have a Scottish based employer who is both will and able to secure a Tier 2 visa for you, so you can move to Scotland. Another option would be to study in Scotland, this would be a Tier 4 visa and you could work for 20 hours a week while you are studying. Unfortunately, in 2012 the UK stopped students being able to go on to a work permit and on to permanent residency. You may like this link Move to Scotland

      It would be really helpful if you joined our site and set up a topic so we can review all options in more detail. There are only a few million people living in Scotland, as most of it remains empty. There must be a reason why people from London never seem to emigrate to Scotland, while the Scottish emigrate to Canada every chance they get.

  5. jessica

    Should I Apply For A Tier 1 Visas To Work In London?

    I´m Brazilian and I received a proposal of job in London in the UK. I don’t have a visa that allows me to work in the UK. For this reason, the company would not hire me and suggested I should apply for a UK work visa.
    As I don’t work for them at the moment and I will be a new employee I understand that the company should give a reason to the UK immigration department who must approve my working visa for the UK, to allow me to come to London and take the job offered.
    Should I apply for the tier 1 and how long does the process take to get the visa?

  6. Terence Tee

    Am I A British Citizen?

    Hello, first of all, thanks for providing this amazing service. I would like to know if I’m eligible to claim a British Citizenship as I was born in the UK with a British birth certificate. Both of my parents were under a working permit whilst they were there. I’m currently holding a Malaysian passport as both of my parents are Malaysians.

    1. Your Immigration Expert

      British Citizenship By Birth

      For many years now a person is not British by birth unless their parents held Indefinite Leave To Remain at the time of their birth or secured it subsequently. To secure British Citizenship they would have needed to add you to the ILR case as their child and then apply for British Citizenship. As you mentioned your parents were on a Work Permit when they were in the UK and are not currently British Citizens, I would assume they never secured ILR nor had they applied for UK Citizenship. Therefore, I would suggest you are not a British Citizen at this time. Let me know if you have further need for advice.

  7. mohit yadav

    How Can I Secure A Tier 2 Visa?

    I have Masters in Global Business Management. I studied in France and also did an internship there. I want to know the process for getting a work visa for the UK.

    1. Your Immigration Expert

      Complex Requirements To Secure A UK Tier 2 Visa

      There is simply no easy answer to your question and while to sounds straightforward it certainly is not. If you want to secure a UK Tier 2 Visa you would first require a job offer from a UK business who has a position available which would qualify for a Tier 2 Viss, these are few and far between.

      There are several barriers in place which are designed to discourage or prevent UK businesses hiring overseas skills. Even if they wanted to hire you they may not be able to make the offer of employment. Another option is if you worked for a company for over a year and they decided to send you to the UK on a secondment on an Intra company transfer, again these roles are hard to find as far from guaranteed.

      Post-Brexit the UK will be able to limit the number of E.U workers entering the UK often in low skilled roles and increase the number of work visas available for highly skilled workers from non-E.U countries. This may offer a little hope for the future.

  8. Patience Dorgu

    Our UK Marriage Visa Was Refused, So We Appealed

    I applied for a settlement visa as my husband is British and lives in the UK while I am based Overseas. I was declined as the Entry Clearance Officer stated he was not satisfied our relationship was genuine and subsisting.

    This happened around August 2016. We were given the chance to appeal and we did within the 28 days in September 2016. Then in December 2016, we received a note from Global Appeals stating that the initial decision has been withdrawn and we will hear from the Decision Making Centre in due course. We were contacted by the Tribunal and advised to withdraw our appeal as the respondent had withdrawn the decision and so we concurred. It is 8 weeks now and we are yet to hear from Sheffield or the UK Visa Office in the British Embassy where the original case was filed.

    Each time we inquire, we are told its still with the appeals team.

    Then how can we contact the Visa Office or Sheffield directly as we are scared for our case to not become “forgotten” now that it is no longer being appealed.

    1. Your Immigration Expert

      Withdrawing A UK Immigration Appeal

      You have now withdrawn your appeal and it is understandable as you were asked to do so. However, there is no legal requirement for you to withdraw the appeal until the UK Immigration Authorities grant your visa. I would have certainly suggested you offer to withdraw the appeal once your visa is approved. Unfortunately, it is too late to change that now so let us focus on the next step.

      It is now down to the UK Entry Clearance Officer at the consulate and the appeal team now to join their thinking and return your file to the office overseas from the UK so your case can be completed and your visa issued. I would suggest you focus your efforts on building a relationship with a person within your local UK Visa office and work with them to chase up your file.

      You clearly have plenty of documentary evidence to show your case will be granted but, the UK immigration department is not bound by any statutory requirement to process a case within any given timeframe, therefore, you are limited in your recourse to seeking a solution within a given period. I have worked in UK Immigration and I can assure you often the officers dealing with your case work incredibly hard but the bureaucratic framework they are required to work within is both antiquated and slow to move.

      I urge you to build bridges with the staff and recognise the challenges they face. They will appreciate your understanding and may go the extra mile to help you secure your UK Visa as soon as possible.

  9. Thuwaiba

    Verifying A UK Job Offer For A Tier 2 Visa

    Hello madam,
    I have a question regarding a UK Tier 2 job offer, I received a job offer in the UK as a housework and the sponsor sent me an email to answer some questions and to reply to the email address global travel.visa I would like to know if this website is legitimate and the job offer is genuine. These day’s there is a number of unscrupulous online offers. Please, help me, I hope you will respond soon.

    1. Your Immigration Expert

      Confirming Your Tier 2 Employers Has A Licence To Hire You

      In the UK all employers need a licence to employ an overseas national before a visa would be issued. The employer must take various undertakings and be regularly audited by the UK Immigration Authorities. Due to the compliance requirements, it is unlikely a legitimate sponsor would attempt to hire a housekeeper from overseas as the minimum skills requirement and salary would not be met by the position of housekeeper.

      In the answer about endorsing a UK Sponsor, I provided a link to all UK companies who currently hold a sponsorship licence to employ tier 2 visa holders.

      It is also an offence to charge a person for work in the UK. So if the company are asking for money I would stay way from them.

  10. Joe

    We live in U.K. And want to Appy or employ and au pair from Ukraine (currently working in Italy as an au pair). We are not sure what are the requirements and what we need to support her application.
    I am not sure what telephone number to contact to discuss these options

  11. Kassandra

    Hi I’m Kassandra,
    I would like to know how to apply for the student visa. I am gonna stay in the UK for about 11 months, I have all the documents but I don’t know how to apply.

  12. Arthur

    I’ve completed my studies in the UK and got a job offer from a UK business and have been working since last month under my tier 4 visa and will need to apply for tier 2 visa in January. However, my company hasn’t got a license but willing to apply for a license. Could you give some advice regarding my case? Thank you.

Comments are closed.