WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About Canada Immigration Questions About Canada Immigration Reply To: Questions About Canada Immigration

Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
Global Visas@

Canada Visitor Visas

As a visitor, your intention should be to leave Canada after a few months. You can enter Canada as a visitor with a view to securing a visa to emigrate at a later date. They call this trip “Running it up the flagpole” for some reason. During the trip, you can aim to find an employer who is willing to secure a work permit and complete a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to show they were unable to hire a Canadian resident. Another option would be to find a college to study in and secure a student visa.

To enter Canada as a visitor it is not mandatory to have a family member in Canada to sponsor you. you will need to show sufficient funds and that you intend to leave at the end of your stay. A job, property, family back home are all indications you are not planning on remaining in Canada and overstaying your visa.