WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About USA Visas USA Visas and Immigration Questions Reply To: USA Visas and Immigration Questions

Profile photo of Jill E.M.H.
Jill E.M.H.
@Jill E.M.H.

US F1 Visas Switching To an H1b Visa

I’m currently in the USA on my F1 visa. My OPT work permit will be valid as of march 1st 2017. I would like to apply for an H1b visa this year. I will be employed by a profit organisation, in travel, event and management services (my speciality occupation). I also have an MSc degree from a US University. I know that there is a cap exemption for Master degrees but believe that this is only for individual who work for not-for-profits. Can you confirm this? If this is indeed so, I will have to apply for an H1B visa without the cap exemption benefit.

In the past, I have worked as a consultant. Is it also possible to apply for an H1B visa as a consultant? In that way securing my ability to work for multiple employers at the same time?
I greatly appreciate any advice regarding the visa application.