WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About Australia Visas Australia student Visas Reply To: Australia student Visas

Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
Your Immigration Expert

Australia Student Visa

To secure a student visa for Australia you will first need to be accepted and enrolled in a college course like those provided to international students in the Tafe College in Queensland or similar colleges or universities in Australia. Once you have been accepted a student you can then go on to apply for an Australian student visa.

A point to note, when you apply for your student visa you must intend to leave Australia at the end of your studies. This does not mean you have to leave Australia, as many students each year go on to secure a working visa followed by permanent residency. The law, however, is clear that your intention prior to arrival must be to leave and only after arrival can you lawfully change your mind and remain. A bizarre point but, worth noting as it is the difference between securing a visa and being refused entry.

On another point, you will be able to work for 40 hours per fortnight during term-time and full-time during the holidays but, you will be expected to show you have enough funds to support yourself without employment during your studies. These funds can be from friends and family but not a bank loan.

I hope this helps you get started on your student visa. I can assist you secure your place in College and apply for your visa.