WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration UK VISAS & IMMIGRATION ADVICE Reply To: UK VISAS & IMMIGRATION ADVICE

#27290Reply
Profile photo of Jessica Odiongan
Jessica Odiongan
Participant
@jessica-odiongan

Visiting My UK Partner

Hi my name is Jessica,
I tried to get a visa to visit my partner in north Ireland last February, but I was turned down on a few points. I was refused a visa, the Entry Clearance Officer in the refusal stated it was because I don’t live with my son in Bohol and I don’t earn enough money. These were the two main reasons I was refused a visa.

I don’t live with my son in Bohol because the salary there is not enough. So, I did what most single mums do and move to the city for a better salary to support my family I was also informed by the UK Visa Department that I have no reason to return to the Philippines because I don’t have an active relationship with my son, “OMG” of course I have an active relationship with him, I visit him regularly. They also claimed I could and probably would earn more money working in the UK so, I was a risk of not returning back home.

I love my son and want to be with him more than anything and I will never earn big salary here in the Philippines. So, how am I ever going to be able to come to the UK to visit my partner?

Someone suggested I should leave the Philippines and to go to another country for a short visit just to prove I have left my country and returned so could be trusted to do the same if my visa was approved for the UK. However, when my partner booked a trip to Kuala Lumpur to meet me there, the Malaysian immigration office in Manila wouldn’t even let me go there on my passport which Philippines people are normally allowed to do.

How can I ever visit my partner in the UK? I would love to go there and visit his Mum because she is ill and can’t travel over here.
Thanks Jess