WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration UK Marriage visitor Visa Reply To: UK Marriage visitor Visa

Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
Your Immigration Expert

Evidence is key to successful UK fiancee visas

The UK immigration Rules with regard to fiance(e) visa changed on 9 July 2012 and new rules apply to any application made on or after 9 July 2012. An application as a fiance(e) can be made to the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for entry clearance as a fiance(e) in order to join your partner present and settled in the UK and get married in the UK after arriving in the UK as a fiance(e).

If successful, you will be issued with six months leave to enter as a fiance(e) and marriage must be registered in the UK within these six months to apply for further leave to remain in the UK on the basis of marriage. If your application for entry clearance as a fiance(e) is not successful, you will have a statutory right to appeal against the decision of the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to refuse the application and the notice of appeal must be filed within 28 days of the date of receipt of the refusal letter.

The issue with your case is that you are looking to enter the UK without a marriage planned. This is going to take evidence that everything is in place for the marriage to take place. I would suggest you avoid going into details about your longer term intentions as they are not relevant to the case. the issue is if you have a legal right to enter the UK or you do not.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and I am sure it will be a success.