WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration UK visa for spouse with dependent Reply To: UK visa for spouse with dependent

Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
Your Immigration Expert

Enter The UK As A Family

The only issue with this is that in the UK it is a crime to take a child overseas without both parents consent. As the father is not listed on the Birth certificate there should be no issues under normal circumstances.

That does remain a weakness in your case which could be a reason for the Immigration Officer to refuse you wife’s visa. I would still apply and show statutory declarations from family, local professionals, teachers, etc… who will confirm you are the child’s guardian and stepfather. There is a high level of refusal for spouse visas from the Philippines but you do have a strong case and a UK Immigration Officer would be hard pressed not to recognise the need.

You can also quote section 8 of the human Rights Act and your right to family life. It does make a difference.