WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration UK VISAS & IMMIGRATION ADVICE Reply To: UK VISAS & IMMIGRATION ADVICE

#27641Reply

Amanda@

Switching in the UK from a Fiancee Visa to a Marriage Visa

I am currently in the UK on a fiance visa. I am now married and need to switch over to a spouse visa. I was told that I needed to fill out the FLR M application. In the application, it is asking me to prove I’ve been living with my husband by providing documents such as mail. We have only been living together for 5 months and were just married so nothing is in our name together. In the application, the requirement is thus: “If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside together at the same address.” I cannot work on a fiance visa, and the only thing I have in my name here is a phone. I don’t have any other correspondence other than a few statements from my bank. This is supposed to be over the course of two years?
I feel like I’m not doing the right application. Hard to provide documents with your name and address on it together if you were only just married, and how can I come up with 6 different correspondence when I’ve only been living here for 5 months?
Please help!