WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About USA Visas USA Visas and Immigration Questions Reply To: USA Visas and Immigration Questions

Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
Your Immigration Expert

Criminal Records And US Visas

The short answer is that your husband should be able to claim his US visa. As a rule spent convictions of this type are not a barrier to securing a visa. There are exceptions to this rule which include drug offenses and certain types of fraud and violence against women. As this crime was a one off, you should declare it and be prepared to state how sorry he was for the crime.

I would avoid trying to justify his actions as the USA look for people to own their wrong doing before they can claim they are rehabilitated and any “rough justice” claims are frowned upon. So, simply put your hands up and show remorse for the victim if asked.