1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert Your Immigration Expert 3 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Author
  • #27215Reply
    Profile photo of drsbahl

    Is There A UK Parent Visa?

    Is there any chance of being granted an adult dependent visa for the UK. I along with my wife we are both 68 years old. My wife suffers from diabetes and CKD and I am finding it very difficult to take care of her despite medical aid. Our daughter is a citizen of Uk and she is interested in us to live with her. Both my daughters currently live overseas, one in the UK and another in the USA.

  • #27344Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert

    UK Parent Visas

    There is currently no provision for a UK Parent visa and even though your wife is ill this would not warrant a UK Visa being granted to enter the UK as a parent. There are a couple of options available however to enter the UK.

    The first is as a medical treatment visitor, assuming you have paid private medical treatment booked with a Doctor in the UK for a condition or illness which can be cured. These visas are initially granted for six months but can be extended if the treatment is ongoing.

    Another route would be to enter as a visitor to simply visit your daughter for up to six months as long as you have the funds and accommodation available to support yourselves.

    To apply to remain on grounds of exceptional hardship would take the completion of a “Village Test” where it must be proven by the applicant they are in a significantly worse off position than others in their village, town or city. As you are most likely going to fail this test, Therefore, with that in mind, this type of application may become an expensive process just for a refusal but, I am sure a lawyer would love to take on your case to prove my point!

    If the situation does get worse for your wife the only option would be for your daughters to pay for live-in care or to move home to support you both back at home.

Reply To: Applying For A UK Dependent Parent Visa
Your information: