• Author
  • #26955Reply
    Profile photo of

    Emigrate To Prince Edward Island In Canada

    We are hoping to immigrate to Prince Edward Island in Canada. We have had conversations with immigration consultants in both the UK and Prince Edward Island and are now totally confused by the system and what would be the most efficient method to apply for a work permit with a view to permanent residency.

    We are in our late 40’s/early 50’s. Horticulturalists (over 20 years experience ) I also have a masters degree in Agriculture and business experience in banking and tourism. Net worth ¬£800k. We wish to buy a small farm, which my partner would operate and I hope to train as a financial advisor, although that will take some time.

    We have property to sell in the UK and a crop to take off the fields this year. So would be looking to immigrate in late spring 2018. There seem to be extremely high fees to enter as an entrepreneur, and I can’t work out whether we can apply via express entry. We were told we would not need to take language tests for PEI as we are from the UK, but we cannot submit an online application without these it seems.

    What would be the most straightforward way?

    We will have funds to buy a small farm without a mortgage.

  • #27056Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert

    Visas Available For Prince Edward Island

    This is a difficult question to provide a specific answer to and this could be part of the reason why two immigration lawyers have provided two different answers. The issue is that you have options in one hand while you age goes against you in equal measure.

    I would suggest you look for an Immigration agent IN Prince Edward Island as they will be closer to the provincial authorities who ultimately will need to approve your case. The short answer and I guess the good news is that you can emigrate and I am sure you can buy your farm. I would suggest you seek local expert advice if you can build a relationship with a law firm who can deal with immigration and property law to assist with your investment would be ideal. That said often a law firm will bill you and learn on the job in these cases so, chose your advisors wisely. If you would like us to make a recommendation please let me know.

Reply To: Emigrate To Prince Edward Island In Canada
Your information: