6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  priyanshu 1 month, 2 weeks ago
  • Author
    Profile photo of Prosper Tribe Mutsigwa
    Prosper Tribe Mutsigwa
    Participant
    @prospertribe

Apply For An Australia Student Visas
    Hello. Prosper is my name, I’m a 22year old Zimbabwean, currently based in Beijing, China. I came to China to further my studies but I have so many restrictions so much that I am forbidden to work. However, I have been longing to go to Australia ever since. It is my dream country and fortunately, I have close family members(brothers), who happen to be Australian citizens. My question is, Which visa should I process and how long does it take? My aim is to move to Australia just before my visa expires before September 2017. I really do not want to renew it. Please help me with any information, I would kindly appreciate your service.

• #26424Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert
    Keymaster
    @GlobalVisas

Australia Student Visa

To secure a student visa for Australia you will first need to be accepted and enrolled in a college course like those provided to international students in the Tafe College in Queensland or similar colleges or universities in Australia. Once you have been accepted a student you can then go on to apply for an Australian student visa.

A point to note, when you apply for your student visa you must intend to leave Australia at the end of your studies. This does not mean you have to leave Australia, as many students each year go on to secure a working visa followed by permanent residency. The law, however, is clear that your intention prior to arrival must be to leave and only after arrival can you lawfully change your mind and remain. A bizarre point but, worth noting as it is the difference between securing a visa and being refused entry.

On another point, you will be able to work for 40 hours per fortnight during term-time and full-time during the holidays but, you will be expected to show you have enough funds to support yourself without employment during your studies. These funds can be from friends and family but not a bank loan.

I hope this helps you get started on your student visa. I can assist you secure your place in College and apply for your visa.

• #26498Reply
    Prosper Tribe Mutsigwa
    Participant
    @prospertribe

Thank you for your responce, but I do not want to go to Australia as a student. I want to move permenantly since i have close family there. However, i do have a degree in Journalism & media studies so maybe a job will do. Maybe a working visa can also help

• #26527Reply
    Your Immigration Expert
    Keymaster
    @GlobalVisas

Australia Skills List
    To secure a working visa for Australia your skills must be in demand on the SOL list for the federal level skilled visa (189 Visa). If you want to secure a working visa for a specific state only your skills need to be on the state occupations in demand list with at least 3 years full-time experience.

The list predominantly consists of technically skilled professions, while journalism is a soft skills profession which is current not required by any states. This would not just make it difficult for you to secure an independent skilled migrant visa, but it would make it difficult for an employer to justify hiring you over an Australian resident. Unless the employer can justify why they can not hire a local person within Australia they will not be granted a licence to hire you on a skilled visa.

I appreciate you have family in Australia but that is not a strong enough reason to be approved for migration to Australia. I would suggest you start with the student option and take it from there, sometimes we need to build a migration pathway.

• #26550Reply
    Prosper Tribe Mutsigwa
    Participant
    @prospertribe

Thank you for that insight.It really helped, I’m also searching for scholarships just to try my luck. But i honestly have nowhere to start, now that I have to opt for a student visa. What advise cxan you give me and are you also in a position to look for a university for me?

• #26555Reply
    Your Immigration Expert
    Keymaster
    @GlobalVisas

International Student In Australia
    There are numerous universities across Australia all offering a wide range of courses. Each of them benefits from international students financially, as non-residence are required to pay international student fees.

I suggest you search for a course you are interested in and approach the University directly. Their team will be delighted to assist with your enquiry and also suggest opportunities for scholarships. Once you have selected your University and would like further assistance I would happy to advise further, if required.

• #27694Reply

priyanshu@

I want to know about student visa. I have done B.Sc nursing in 2011 and having experience for 5 yrs. I have done IELTS with 6 bands not less than 5.5. I scored 67% in nursing.

Reply To: Australia student Visas
Your information: