WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration RETURNING TO UK ON MARRIAGE VISA

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Brigette 2 weeks, 1 day ago
  • Author

Brigette@

I am Australian, have lived in the UK for 2 years on my Tier 5 working holiday visa, and when that expired in Jan 2017 I relocated to the Netherlands on the 1 year working holiday visa (valid until Dec 2017) to stay close to my partner still living in London.

My partner is from NZ but with a UK passport, and we have been together for 1.5 years (it will be over 2 years by Dec 2017) and we would like to settle in the UK after my Dutch visa expires. We are planning on marrying or having a civil partnership and her sponsoring me to move back to the UK.

Will marrying/civil union (either in Amsterdam or London) prior to my Dutch visa expiring and then applying for the marriage visa before the end of year be the best option? It seems like the most realistic option, as opposed to entering on a fiance visa and being unable to work, and then change visas.

We fulfill the criteria and can supply documentation to prove the relationship is real, but I’m not certain of the order in which we should organise everything to apply.

Thank you

Reply To: RETURNING TO UK ON MARRIAGE VISA
Your information: