1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert Your Immigration Expert 2 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Author
    Profile photo of Patrick Erasmus
    Patrick Erasmus
    Participant
    @patrick-erasmus

I would like my fiance to live with me in the UK. We dated for years as kids and have, a year ago, got back together after 30 years of being apart. I lived in South Africa for a couple of years recently and we found each other again and started dating.

My kids from my previous marriage are here in the UK so I can’t live in South Africa for extended periods but have been back a few times to be with my fiance. She has also been here to be with me. I want us to live together and her moving here is the only option. Do we marry first and then apply? Do we apply with her in the UK or do we apply now while she is in South Africa?

• #27622Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert
    Keymaster
    @GlobalVisas

South African Partners UK Visa

It is lovely you found each other again. From a UK immigration perspective, it is always advisable you check you can meet the financial requirements to bring a person to the UK as your partner or spouse. You will need to earn over £18,600 per year, which currently prevents some 40% of couples from being able to apply to live together in the UK.

If you are financially stable then I would recommend you marry prior to applying for a visa in South Africa and wait for the marriage visa to be approved before coming to the UK. I have written extensively about UK spouse visas on this site and I hope you can find the general information you are looking for. Once you apply, I am happy to help you address any specific questions which may arise.

Reply To: South African Partner UK Visa
Your information: