1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert Your Immigration Expert 3 months ago
  • Author
  • #27560Reply
    Profile photo of Pam

    Hi, we want to go to America on a holiday with my husband but I’m so confused of what type of visa do we need if any… I’m Bulgarian citizen married to a British citizen. My passport is still Bulgarian as I’ve not applied yet for a British citizenship and it’s still with my maiden name. I’ve sent an email to the USA embassy asking them for an advice but no reply still.. I’m confused with all the different types of visa and programmes and electronic application…. I just want to know what we need to do with my husband to go visit our friends in San Francisco and how much would that cost us? Please help, Pam

  • #27577Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert

    Visa To Travel To The USA

    It does not matter what Passport your husband holds, your visa is granted based on your nationality. As a Bulgarian national you will require a tourist visa or Non-Immigrant visa prior to entering the USA. Even though Bulgaria is part of the E.U it is not part of the visa waiver programme. here is a link to the page on the US embassy website which will explain everything.

    If you are resident in the UK or another country you may apply to your local US embassy or visa consulate office.

    Enjoy your trip.

Reply To: Travelling to America
Your information: