WELCOME TO GLOBAL VISAS Forums Ask About UK Immigration Is A Child Born In The UK British

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert Your Immigration Expert 2 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Author
    Profile photo of pulkitnp
    Pulkit Patel@

CITIZENSHIP DUE BIRTH IN THE UK WHILE PARENTS WERE ON A WORK VISA

I am currently working in the US on an H1B visa. I stayed in the UK from Jan 2002 to Oct 2007. During my stay, I was on various visas but during the later part of my stay in the UK I was on a dependent visa base on my Wife’s work permit.

We used Global Visas service at the time to obtain my wife’s UK work permit and my dependents visa. We now have a daughter born in London during 2006. At the time of her birth, both parents were Indian citizen so my daughter is an Indian citizen too, while her birth certificate was issued by Brent Council in London. Is there any chance for my daughter to get a UK visa to enter the UK as she was born there. What advantages could she have if she chooses to stay in the UK at some point in the future.

As I mentioned above my wife was on work permit from approx May 2005 to Oct 2007. Is there any provision under current UK Immigration Policy that she can secure a work permit to re-enter the UK?

• #27211Reply
    Profile photo of Your Immigration Expert
    Your Immigration Expert
    Keymaster
    @GlobalVisas

No Immigration Benefits From Being Born In The UK

As the UK Immigration policy was then and remains the same today states that a child born in the UK to parents who do not have ILR in the UK (Indefinite Leave To Remain) will be the nationality of their parents. This has the obvious drawback for their dependents in years to come, especially if they remain an expat without residency in any country. Therefore, I would urge you and your wife to plan to remain in a county long enough to secure citizenship. This is can be a challenge but very much worthwhile for your grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Right, back to the issues today. There are no benefits for being born in the UK and to overseas parents. As there are now so many children born in the UK from overseas parents there is little hope that the political classes will want to change this position. That said, the future is yet to be written.

If you wish to return to the UK you must qualify to do so under the Tier Visa system, which the UK uses to manage migration. I am sure if you are on an H1B visa currently you have key skills in demand in the UK. Let me know if I can help further.

Finally, thank you for using our service is 2006 and I am delighted to see you back again.

Reply To: Is A Child Born In The UK British
Your information: