1. Lily

    US B1 Visas

    I’m an 18-year-old girl from England. I am looking to obtain a US B1/B2 visa to travel to LA for pleasure purposes (staying with my relatives – they will be taking care of my accommodation and food expenses)

    I’m struggling with the whole ‘proving strong ties to your home country’ situation. Can my strongest tie be my immediate family? I have my mum, dad and brother in the UK. I’m dependent on my parents as I live in their house and they are my only source of income… I finished school education last year and I’m on a gap year right now (a gap year is a year you take off before you go into university) to do some travelling – so showing educational ties would be an issue… Is there anything else I could prove?

    1. Admin Here To Help Post author

      B1 Visas

      As a UK national you do not require a B1 or B2 Visa to enter the US if your stay is 90 days or less. Under the US Visa Waiver Program, many British Citizens do not require a US visa, as long as you hold a valid ticket for onward or return travel from the USA.

      If you want to secure a B1 visa you should let the US immigration authorities know what you have told me. They will be happy to grant your visa. A gap year is an amazing year of your life, the USA would be delighted if you spent so time there to help build the UK-US special relationship for generations to come. It would be helpful to have a letter of invitation from your family in the US outlining how long you will be staying with them and that they will sponsor and accommodate your if required. Enjoy your trip.

  2. marcus franklin

    Hi, I my American girlfriend is returning home to the states and we are going to marry in September if all goes well, I have read I can go on a tourist visa and get married alvalin ritalin as long as I return home to the UK which is what i plan to do, I would like to return back to the states to live permanently what visa would i need to get, I have read there is a couple. I’m just in a bit of a muddle and need some help.

  3. Lala

    I’ve been denied my visa based on section 214b, however, I solely care for my mother and 3 children mother and one of my children are unwell and it required me to stop my studies and take full-time care of them, therefore, I do not work. I planned to go to Miami for a break for 8 days and I don’t know how to prove I am coming back as I assumed being a carer and a mother would be enough… what can evidence could I Bring to the interview to support my application?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *